Affordable E-Commerce Website Design
Like many small businesses, you want affordable e-commerce website design options that don’t limit your potential to grow into something bigger. So how do you know what to look for in low-budget web design? Ask your web designer about WordPress and WooCommerce.
WordPress is one of the top content management systems in the world for a reason
WordPress is the most popular and arguably the best CMS platform around today. First introduced in 2003, WordPress is still going strong.
What makes WordPress so powerful is the fact that its source code is open and editable by any developer. Over the years, thanks to countless contributors, WordPress has continued to improve and keep up with the ever-changing needs of the modern marketplace.
Why you should choose WordPress as part of an affordable e-commerce website design:
- WordPress is free. Of course, in most cases, you’ll want to pay a web designer to customize the software for you. But you don’t pay for the core software itself. That results in a significant savings over website development from the ground up.
- WordPress is responsive, or mobile-friendly. In today’s environment, it’s critical that your pages look great on smartphones and tablets as well as laptops and desktops. Although website responsiveness may not sound like a feature that’s directly tied to affordability, a responsive e-commerce site gives you many more opportunities to make sales and offset your costs.
- WordPress is a cinch to learn and use. An easy-to-use CMS means very little training time and expense. Most computer-savvy users can figure out the basics right away on their own.
- Free WordPress themes and plugins give you infinite design flexibility. Whereas big businesses may have greater needs in terms of technology and security, WordPress themes and plugins are perfectly suitable for small businesses like yours.
WooCommerce transforms WordPress into a viable e-commerce option
WordPress alone, although a great CMS, isn’t mighty enough to handle all the inventory, sales transactions, and payments that go along with an online store. That’s where WooCommerce comes in.
This WordPress plugin was launched in 2008. WooCommerce is an open-source e-commerce platform that lets you build a custom online store down to the last detail.
Here’s why WooCommerce is the best choice for affordable e-commerce website design:
- WooCommerce is modular. You don’t have to navigate around features you don’t use. Pick what works and disregard the rest.
- Pick themes designed especially for e-commerce. Go with basic Storefront or expand it to suit your preferences.
Here are some additional benefits of WooCommerce:
- Sell either physical or digital products. Or both. Whether it’s available by loading dock or downloading, you can offer it on WooCommerce.
- Build an online store with no limits. Add as many products, images, and filters as you want.
- Use a blog to drive traffic organically. Add content in the form of product reviews, how-tos, and more. You’ll increase value for your customers and make yourself more visible on search engines.
- Optimize your site with the WordPress SEO plugin. Strategically pepper all your website pages with keyword phrases that are perfect for your target market.
Other factors in affordable e-commerce web design
So you’ve found a developer that offers WordPress and WooCommerce. What else should you look for if you want the best value in website development?
Find soup-to-nuts service
Most people don’t eat an appetizer at one restaurant, an entrée at another, and dessert at a third. That might be fun for a rare adventure, but it’s clearly not the most affordable or efficient way to buy a meal out.
Likewise, when it comes to web design services, your best bet is to go with a company that covers the most facets of running your site. Many small or moderately sized website design agencies offer not just the design and build but also related marketing services, such as branding and SEO.
The more you can get from one website developer, the more time and money you save. And a consistent feel makes a lasting impression on all your site visitors.
Choose an established web development agency
You may be able to find some unbelievable deals if you go to a newbie developer. But you could end up paying for that inexperience down the road.
When you’re searching for affordable e-commerce web design in your area, be sure to look at the company’s portfolio and read client testimonials.
Then, look at every aspect of the agency’s website. You’ll get an idea of what you can expect for your own site. After all, if they have access to all the best features and latest ideas, they should be showing you all the possibilities.
Affordable e-commerce web design by WebX360
WebX360 brings all of the above and more to the table when it comes to affordable e-commerce web design:
- FREE initial consultation
- WooCommerce design packages to suit any budget and goal
- Lifetime support
Care to learn more? We’d love to show you what we can offer.